Hire a consultant
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing and troubleshooting telecommunications, video and network systems (including wireless and VoIP) to meet the functional objectives of the business. Involved with the configuration and maintenance of physical and logical network components. Lead the design of the telecommunications and network architecture, designs the telecommunications and network infrastructure, and plans and designs LAN/WAN/wireless/VoIP solutions. Performs capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of telecommunications network management software; researching, analyzing and implementing software patches or hardware changes to fix any telecommunications or network deficiencies.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is to also provide high quality day to day support, design and implementation services to the voice, video, and data networks across the organization. The engineer is required to update/maintain all documentation requested by management and will be tasked with improving such documentation as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent industry experience
• Certifications – CCNA, CCDA, and CCNP
• Experience (5 years) Network Engineer experience- plan, design, configuration and support in multiplatform environments
• Experience with routing, switching and firewall on Cisco hardware platforms
• Experience with Cisco network management and security solutions
• Experience with routing protocols: IP, OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP
• Experience with MPLS based WAN.