Hire a consultant
The MMIS Professional is the subject matter expert in overseeing the implementation of the Medicaid Management Information System. The MMIS Professional provides consultation, recommendations, gives appropriate advice and /or facilitates decisions for the project. The MMIS Professional will effectively define, develop and support the project using expert knowledge of best known information technology methods and frameworks.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership and solution designs
• Work with cross-functional teams to define designs and end-to-end solutions for specific functions
• Provide performance reviews, coaching, and mentoring and conflict resolution for the team
• Provide support, when needed, of product development and business development
• Ensure MMIS compliance with federal and state regulations
• Coordinates risk management activities.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with coursework in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field(s). 5 or more years of progressively responsible related experience in designing, developing software or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Extensive skill and ability to ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Skill in ability to provide consultation and/or expert advice
• Strong familiarity with change management, project management principles, and technology management
• Strong healthcare system knowledge
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPPA)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess positive and effective work relationships with client, team members and providers
• Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a PMP certifications from PMI. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and must be able to drive a vehicle.